Tuesday 15 July 2008

5th entry



These pictures were taken in Hue, in my small village to be exact. The top one and the second are my Grand parents catacomb. As you can see it look really different from any other tomb in Vietnam My dad built it all by himself, he laid down every single stones and painted every single column in it.

My village is where all of 13 generations of my ancestors rest. We were related to the royal family back then, so we got like a humongous land, with a forest and all. The bottom picture is one of my ancestor tomb. It was built in old fashion style, really traditional with the craft of the sign of the emperor himself at the entrance.

My dad built my grandparents catacomb in a modern but also traditional style, with the four "lân" guarding the catacomb. Unlike other tomb, this one actually has roof above, so our grand family can gather there once a year comfortably.



I adore some of my dad stuff. And this is a clear reason why. The catacomb was all the love that he can possible gives to my grandparents, the unique-ness, the beauty..

All of the pictures were taken in the afternoon, around 5 or 6. And in the first one you can already see the moon rising up on the sky. Nikon D70s.

No comments: